Wednesday 6 March 2013

Wednesday Wisdom with debut author Celeste Rupert!

Today I have the pleasure of welcoming debut author Celeste Rupert to my blog. I've asked her the tough questions and boy did she follow through!

The first book is always the most special...so congratulations Celeste!

Take it away...


Tell us about your new release.

Rose is definitely NOT a damsel in distress. She may be in a tough spot, but she’ll do whatever it takes to get what she wants, and what she wants is the gold. 

Tucker wants the gold too, but it isn’t long before he decides he wants Rose too. Rose isn’t usually one to share, but maybe these two lawbreakers can work together. 

Where did you come up with the idea for this book?

I love a bad boy – and I thought, why not a bad girl too! Rose is great fun to write. 

How do you research your stories?  

I am a western history buff, especially local, Alberta history. I have shelves of history books – but to be honest, when a question comes up that I’m not sure of, I likely turn to Google first of all!

Is this book part of a series?  Any plans for other stories based on these characters?

It wasn’t planned as part of a series, but I’m currently working on a (free!) short story featuring Rose and Tucker called THE DIAMOND HEIST.

What was the hardest part about writing this book?

Getting brave enough to send it out in the world – OUTLAW ROSE is my first foray into erotic romance. 

What was the easiest part?

Rose was one of those rare characters that walks in fully realized and takes over the story.

Favorite Scene?

Definitely the one where Rose has Tucker tied to the tree. ;-)  I hope readers enjoy it too!

Where can readers find out more about your new release?


What are you working on now?

My second story, COLD COCKED, is due for release from Total-E-Bound this summer. I’ve just (today!) submitted another, working titled HOLDING COURT and I’ve got my fingers crossed!  I’m working on writing a companion story for OUTLAW ROSE, and I’m enjoying spending time with Rose again – she’s a lot of fun. 

And now for the very very personal questions- 

Favourite toy?

My little netbook computer. Or did you mean something else … ?

Snort!

Favourite food?

Fresh baked bread. 

Favourite position? 

Forward. In the slot area. 
We’re talking about hockey, right?

Hahahaha...if you say so!

If you could have anyone, famous or not - who do you want to get hot and heavy with in a ménage?


Ryan Gosling and Nathan Fillion. Two very hot Canadians! 

Oh yeah...with you there!




Bio:
Celeste Rupert lives in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains and (other than the lack of indoor plumbing) would love to live in the Old West. As time travel hasn’t yet been invented, she lives in the era through her characters.

Blurb:
Rose would do whatever was necessary to get the gold back from the bank robbers. Enjoying it was an unexpected bonus.

Rose had a plan.

After all her planning and hard work, she was about to hit the payoff—until the bank was robbed, the gold stolen right out from under her nose. Rose wasn’t about to give up without a fight, but catching up with the outlaws was the easy part.

When Tucker finds the little bank teller tailing them, he needs to keep her from running to the posse, and her proposal sounds like way more fun than what he had in mind. But in this band of outlaws, they split everything three ways—he’s going to have to learn to share.

What Rose had thought was a straightforward plan quickly becomes more complicated. Maybe these law breakers can work together…in more ways than one.

Buy Links:

Personal Links:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great interview.

Celeste I love it when you talk sport ;)

Congratulations on your new release.

Cheers
Donna

Author H K Carlton said...

Great Interview.
I love it when you talk hockey and Canadian boys ménage! ;p Now you've got me thinking...hmmm...

What a great title, Cold Cocked! I love it!

Congratulations on the release of Outlaw Rose, Celeste and continued success. (good luck with the sub)
H K